In June 2016, the Board resolved to conduct a formal inquiry into the following proposal:
- To amend the City of Fremantle’s district boundary to include the suburb of Hamilton Hill and a portion of the suburb of North Coogee currently located in the City of Cockburn.
- The Board will be conducting a public submission period from Thursday 1 September 2016 until Thursday 13 October 2016.
- All submissions must be forwarded to the Local Government Advisory Board by 4.00pm, Thursday 13 October 2016.
An information paper has been developed which contains information about the proposal, the inquiry process and how to make a submission to the Board.
Proposal to transfer part of Hamilton Hill and part of North Coogee from the City of Cockburn to the City of Fremantle
To make a submission
Online submission allows anyone to electronically lodge a submission about the proposal.
2. Written and email submissions
- Post: Local Government Advisory Board, GPO Box R1250, Perth WA 6844
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (08) 6552 1555
- Download a submission form:
Submission form: Proposal to transfer Hamilton Hill and part of North Coogee from the City of Cockburn to the City of Fremantle
Closing date for submissions
The six week submission period will close at 4.00pm, Thursday 13 October 2016.
The Board will hold a public hearing on Wednesday 5 October from 7.00pm to 8.30pm at the PCYC Progress Hall, Unit 2/34 Paget Street, Hilton.
The purpose of the hearing is to provide an opportunity for interested parties to express their views on the relevant proposal to the Board.
The Board may also conduct private hearings on request.
Proposal to amend the district boundaries of the City of Fremantle and the City of Cockburn
To download the proposal please click here:
Greater Freo proposal (PDF 5.5MB)
For more information about making a submission, the public hearing or private hearings, please contact the Department of Local Government and Communities:
Local Government Advisory Board
Telephone: (08) 6552 1733