Making a complaint

Last updated: 17/07/2017 8:51 PM
facebook icon
email icon print icon

A minor breach complaint to the Local Government Standards Panel must be made within two years after the alleged breach has occurred. A completed complaint of minor breach form must be sent to the complaints officer of the relevant local government authority. The person complained about must be a current serving elected member of a local government at the time the complaint is made.

How to complete a complaint of minor breach form

A complaint must contain an allegation that a council member has committed a minor breach (i.e. that they have committed a breach of a rule of conduct). A breach by a council member of his/her local government's code of conduct is not a minor breach.